About David Kaiser, PhD, Executive Coach and CEO
Extraordinary leaders always had a guide to help them become their best. In the past, or in books or movies, that may have been a shaman, or a wizard, or a priest. Today’s best leaders have an outstanding Coach.
Why do you want me as your guide?? I’ve walked the path. The stuff you need help with, be it Productivity, Leadership, Conflict, Life Mission, Personal Branding, and Personal and Romantic Relationships, these are all things I have struggled with (and failed at, mightily…) AND resolved, and therefore I am able to help you get where you want to go.
Coaching you is my Mission, it’s the work that my Higher Power has set for me: I guide clients to Extraordinary lives by helping them through the same obstacles that I have struggled with (that also helps me keep my current struggles in perspective, see how powerful a Mission is?)
I’m also really good at this. I have Experience, Wisdom, Intuition, Training and Mojo. I have coached hundreds of people since 2004. I can help you to create a measurably better life in six months, and to create a truly Extraordinary life beyond that.
My Coaching Experience
- Coached over 210 Clients to promotions, new jobs, launch businesses, and loving relationships
- Certified by the International Coach Federation
- Certified Professional Co-Active Coach
- ManKind Project Facilitator
- Past Board Member, Chicago Coaching Federation
- Completed 12 month training program in Urban Shamanism
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- Hay Group’s Emotional Competence Inventory
- Vangent’s Campbell Leadership Index and LH-Step
- Gallup StrengthsFinder
- Waite-Smith Tarot Cards (go ahead, ask me about it, I know you’re curious…)
- Ph.D. from the University of Chicago, M.A. from the University of Arizona, Bachelors of Business Administration from Georgetown University
- Launched my own business during the Great Recession (crazy, eh?)
- 10 years of experience in Finance, Marketing and Leadership Development at Marriott, SkyTel, MCI and General Growth Properties
- US-AID contractor in the Russian Federation, Department of Justice contractor
- US Government Security Clearance
- Presented at South by Southwest Interactive Festival
- Played Guitar in exchange for free beer at a Country bar in Moscow
- Blah blah blah (just to see if you’re paying attention and have a sense of humor…)
- Beaconfire Consulting
- Resources Global Professionals
- Rotary International
- Regis Learning Solutions
- Career Transition Center of Chicago
- Numerous individual clients paying out of their own pockets…
Hey, what is “Dark Matter,” anyway?
You’ve no doubt heard the phrase “tip of the iceberg,” meaning that what you see above the water is only a fraction of what’s really there, hiding beneath the surface. Physicists currently believe that only a small portion of the matter in the universe is visible, and they labeled the rest Dark Matter. Like our iceberg, there is much more that is hidden than is visible, and this invisible matter has a powerful effect on everything we do see.
Through coaching, you will become aware of the “dark matter” in your mind and how it influences your performance so that you can use it to your advantage. Knowledge alone isn’t enough to get you there. If it were, none of us would smoke or use drugs and we would all exercise, eat right, and plan our time well, but sadly, that’s not the case.
Also, I chose the name “Dark Matter” because I’m a total sci-fi dork. I loved the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica, and one of my dreams is to be an extra in a sci-fi show or movie. I also like to be kinda spooky…